Wednesday 9 June 2010

Getting domestic, and LOVING it!

WOW, I never really saw myself as a housewife type, but I think, that if I was to decide to go down that route, I'd be damn good at it!
I love cooking! I've loved it since I was little, making rubbish little fairy cakes with Tom & Jerry edible paper on the top. Since growing up a little my baking horizons have broadened! A few years ago my signature (and only) cake was Banana Tea Bread which, if I do say so myself, was spiffing-fantastic!
Now, and probably because I'm in a group of overly domestic friends, I can't get enough of trying and making new things! Last week I rustled up some Calzones for a college picnic. They went down a treat :) THIS week I've bought myself an ice cream maker! I've wanted one since my holiday to Italy last summer, where me and my friends tasted THE best ice cream. So now I'm set to complete the dream..to make my OWN ice cream! I've had a look for different recipes and have decided on first creating a 'honey and hazelnut' concoction. Fingers crossed that all will go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment